Planning your wedding is a journey with many decisions and choices to make. Whether selecting the color palette or finding the venue, every decision plays a role in your wedding day. As an experienced New York wedding photographer, I understand that one of the decisions you’ll make before hiring me is choosing your wedding venue.
Let’s talk about one of my all-time favorite wedding venues in Brooklyn – the historic Prospect Park Boathouse wedding venue. Imagine a place where you can get the historic architecture and lush greenery, with the versatility of indoor and outdoor for your wedding. The Prospect Park Boathouse offers all of this and more. As a wedding photographer who has captured love stories at the Boathouse; it is perfect canvas for your wedding day masterpiece.
Why Choose the Prospect Park Boathouse Wedding Venue
- Historic Landmark: Built in 1905, the Prospect Park Boathouse is one of Brooklyn’s top landmark wedding venues. A venue that infuses your event with a touch of historical grandeur leaving an impression on all who attend.
- Indoor and Outdoor Options: One of the best features of this venue is its versatility. Whether you envision an intimate indoor ceremony or an outdoor ceremony, the Prospect Park Boathouse can accommodate your dream wedding.
- Natural Beauty: One of the most important considerations when choosing a wedding venue is that your venue makes your wedding photos. If the setting of your wedding is beautiful, then your pictures will showcase that. Thankfully, all the windows and the green trees surrounding the Prospect Park Boathouse make it a wedding photographer’s dream.
- Central Brooklyn Location: Located in the heart of Brooklyn, the Prospect Park Boathouse offers the convenience of being in the middle of the city. Your guests won’t have to travel far to enjoy your wedding day.
- Customizable Space: The venue’s adaptable spaces allow you to create your dream wedding day. Whether planning a grand wedding or an intimate wedding with close friends and family, the Prospect Park Boathouse can suit your needs.
- Professional Support: Finally, the venue’s experienced staff will make your wedding day unforgettable. The team at the Prospect Park Boathouse is the best at planning and handling catering. I have worked with Purslane many times at past weddings, and they go above and beyond for each wedding hosted.
A Colorful New York Wedding to Remember
Kate and Woody got married at the Prospect Park Boathouse in Brooklyn. Kate worked with Green House Events for their planning and florals to ensure every detail was thought through. From having their dog walk them down the aisle to the wedding favors, above all Kate made sure all of the special people were in attendance and cared for. The colorful florals on the classic white tablecloths made the reception space shine. The Mod Society Music band was there to entertain the guests, but the cherry on top was Kate serenading the guests. Guest enjoyed the delicious dinner from the in-house caters Purslane NYC, and after the toasts, they continued to dance the night away.
It was a beautiful day, and I was so happy to have been a part of it. If you are considering getting married at the Prospect Park Boathouse in Brooklyn, book me as your wedding photographer so we can capture your special day. If you are still looking for Brooklyn wedding venues, reach out, as I have wedding venue recommendations that can make your wedding dreams come true!
Photographer | Bethany Michaela Studio | Videographer | Betsi Ewing | Florist Green House Events | Planning | Green House Events | HMU Bridal Squad Pro | Cake Buttermilk Bakeshop NY | Caterer Purslane NYC Venue Prospect Park Boathouse | Rentals Broadway Party Rentals | Band | Mod Society Music